Skip to content

Financial Aid

Can I Take My LUC Financial Aid with Me Abroad?

LUC Scholarships

If you're already receiving scholarships from Loyola to attend university here, you can take those LUC scholarships with you on some of our study abroad programs.  To find out which ones, refer to the Summary Approximate Costs Chart.  Note that for programs with tuition that is lower than LUC tuition at Loyola's Chicago campuses, your existing LUC scholarships will be prorated to cover the same percentage of your study abroad program's tuition as it covers for LUC tuition in Chicago.  

Federal and State Financial Aid
If you're receiving federal and/or state aid, the Office of International Programs allows you to take those funds with you on any of our study abroad programs.  Usually, it's only possible to use federal and/or state aid for fall, spring, or year-long study abroad programs.  The federal and state governments usually don't permit their aid to be used for summer school.

What If I Have Financial Aid Questions?

For more details or information about how your financial aid package may need to be re-packaged for study abroad, please contact the Office for Student Financial Assistance at, 773-508-7704 or visit the Student Services HUB