Skip to content

International Students and Study Abroad

Yes, degree-seeking international students at Loyola are eligible to study abroad! If you're an international student, your home university is Loyola, so study abroad means taking courses at any university abroad, even in the country you're from.

Meet with your Loyola advisors

Meet with a study abroad advisor by scheduling an appointment on Navigate to discuss the available programs, finances and the application process.  Also, meet with your academic advisor to determine how the courses abroad will apply to your degree here at Loyola.  

You must also meet with your international student advisor to discuss your U.S. immigration status and the steps you need to take to stay in compliance.  Your visa status, whether F-1 or J-1, may be affected by your studying abroad.  You must contact your international student advisor early to walk through the process, to make sure that you have all the documentation that you need before you depart, and to asses what you need to do to maintain your F-1 or J-1 status during and upon your return.

Select an approved study abroad program

According to Loyola policy, students who wish to study abroad or take courses at any institution outside the U.S. must apply through the Office of International Programs (OIP) and receive OIP prior permission before enrolling in courses or departing from the United States.