Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Restrictions: Loyola applicants only
Program Description:


Are you traveling internationally for an activity that is part of your employment at Loyola?  

This includes, but isn't limited to, international travel to conduct research, attend a conference, and/or participate in a Loyola student organization activity.  If your answer is yes, please keep reading for information on how to register and prepare for your Loyola-related international travel.  

What is the Loyola-Related International Travel Registration?

The Travel Registration is a portal, accessed by clicking the "Apply Now" button below, that provides a means to register your Loyola-related international travel.  Inside of the portal, you'll find information to help you prepare for safe, healthy, and productive international travel.  Inside the portal, you'll also provide details on your trip, so that Loyola is able to help you in the event of an emergency.  

Who should complete the Loyola-Related International Travel Registration?

You should complete the Travel Registration if you're traveling internationally for:

  • research activities (such as field work or conferences abroad) that are part or your employment at Loyola,
  • teaching activities (such as taking students abroad) that are part or your employment at Loyola,
  • service activities (such as travel for professional organizations or student organizations abroad) that are part of your employment at Loyola, or
  • administrative activities (such as travel for fundraising or athletics recruitment) that are part of your employment at Loyola.
You should complete the Travel Registration even if your Loyola-related international travel is only for a few days.  For more information, view the International Travel Policy at the Loyola University Chicago Policies website

The Travel Registration is not for travel for purposes of vacation or pleasure; travel for work outside your employment at Loyola; nor for travel for outside consultancies or work engaged on behalf of other institutions or companies, unless such work is performed in conjunction with a Loyola grant.  The Travel Registration is not for non-Loyola persons (i.e. persons who are neither Loyola employees nor Loyola students of any type).

What is the Loyola international business traveler insurance?

All employees traveling on Loyola-related international travel must be covered by the Loyola international business traveler insurance for the duration of their Loyola-related international travel, per International Travel Policy at the Loyola University Chicago Policies website.  This insurance is provided by Cultural Insurance and Services International (CISI).

What does the insurance cover?

The insurance covers possible situations applicable to international business travel that are rarely covered by your standard U.S.-based health insurance, such as emergency medical, environmental disaster, or civil disturbance evacuation.  Familiarize yourself with the Loyola CISI Brochure for details on the insurance plan.​

How do I enroll in the insurance?

Complete your Travel Registration here and the Office of International Programs (OIP) will enroll you in the policy automatically.

How do I get my insurance card?

You'll receive your insurance card and policy details in your email at least one week prior to the start of your program.  Be on the lookout for a message from the email domain

How much does the insurance cost?

Insurance costs will be covered by OIP; there is no charge to you nor to your employing department.

What do I do after I receive my insurance card?

Print out the insurance card and carry it with you at all times.  Also, save a copy of the insurance card file on your phone. 

Login to your myCISI portal, where you can access important insurance documents and emergency contact information as well as purchase optional trip interruption coverage.  Click here for the myCISI Participant Portal Guide and the myCISI Traveler App Guide once you're enrolled in the insurance policy.

How do I use the insurance? 

Notify your on-site hosts abroad if possible so they can help assist you.  Call CISI to open a case.  If calling from overseas, the 24-hour number to use is 01-312-935-1703 (collect calls accepted). Calls from the U.S. should go to the 24-hour number at 855-327-1411.

Remember that your ID number is the Loyola policy number GLM N04849590 and anyone can open a case for you, including family members, or friends.  Make sure to present your CISI ID card at any medical facility that you go to so they know that you have the plan.  The CISI Claim Form explains how you can submit a claim.

Contact OIP as soon as you are able, so we can help monitor your situation and assist.  

How do Loyola employee dependents enroll in insurance? 

The Loyola-related CISI policies are limited to current Loyola employees and students.  Non-Loyola persons (i.e. persons who are neither Loyola employees nor Loyola students) undertaking travel similar to a Loyola-related international trip must in no way impede the Loyola employee and/or student commitments to fulfilling their official duties on the Loyola-related international trip.  

Additional travelers who are not current Loyola employees nor students traveling for Loyola-related business are responsible for booking their own travel, purchasing their own insurance, arranging for billing that is separate from the Loyola travelers, being responsible for their own safety and health, and paying for all costs incurred directly to the travel provider(s).  Additional travelers shall in no way be subsidized by Loyola.  Additional travelers traveling with Loyola employees/students on Loyola-related international travel do so at their own risk and volition.  The Loyola CISI policies don't extend to spouses, dependents, or other guests.  

Should additional travelers be interested in purchasing travel insurance on their own, they may do so.  It's possible for those individuals to contact CISI directly and purchase the insurance directly from CISI.  When doing so, it's recommended that the traveler purchase the retail (that is, non-Loyola) CISI policy that has the same coverages as the Loyola CISI policy.  For information, call CISI at 800-303-8120.  

Who do I contact for more information?

For more information, email:

Alana Carroll
Office Administrator
Office of International Programs


Brian Johnson, PhD
Associate Director
Office of International Programs